Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon white or yellow miso paste*
- 1 piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 onion, cut into 1/2” slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 carrot sliced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3.5 oz mushrooms, halved
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small zucchini
- noodles trimmed
- hot sauce, to garnish (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black sesame seeds + 1/4 teaspoon white sesame seeds, mixed together
*Miso paste: Miso paste is made from a mixture of soybeans, rice or barley.that it carries quite a few health benefits since it’s packed with protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Place a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add in half of the oil. While oil heats, rub the carrot and zucchini with the miso paste using your fingers to cover completely.
- Once heated, add in the carrot and zucchini and cook 5 minutes
- Remove the carrot and zucchini and set aside and then immediately add in the rest of sesame oil, green onion, ginger, onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until onions soften. Then, pour in the stock and soy sauce, cover and bring to the boil.
- Then, add in the mushrooms, lower to a simmer and let cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms soften. Then, add noodles and cook for 2-3 more minutes or until noodles are cooked.
- Carefully transfer the noodles to two serving bowls and top with carrot and zucchini. Garnish with sesame seeds and hot sauce, optional and serve immediately.