Turmeric is also known as Curcuma, Curcuma aromatica, Curcuma domestica, Halid, Haldar etc. in different regions globally.
Turmeric is a root and used excessively in kitchens. It is bright yellow in color having a slightly bitter taste. For Indian curries, it is staple spice.
Turmeric has many medicinal properties and since ages, it has been used to cure several health issues.
Benefits of Turmeric
Antioxidant curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. Curmucin is responsible for anti-inflammatory effects. (1)
- Depression: Curcumin, an antioxidant found in turmeric is useful in reducing depression symptoms.
- Cancer: curcumin can influence the natural treatment of several cancers. (2)
- Anxiety: Several animal studies show that curcumin can positively impact anxiety. (3) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6029466/
- Arthritis: Curcumin’s anti-inflammatory property shows significant relief in arthritis pain.
- Ulcers: It’s high anti-inflammatory property aids to cure ulcers.
- Liver disease: Research shows that taking turmeric extract can help in reducing liver-related issues.
- Healing Property: It is confirmed by various researches that turmeric helps to heal the infection. It has antibacterial and antiseptic quality.
- Lowes Cholesterol: Turmeric can reduce high cholesterol and blood fats called triglycerides.
Turmeric is possibly safe while consuming by mouth or applies to the skin. It is nontoxic.
One should always consult his/her doctor if any specific medical condition.
Due to its therapeutic properties turmeric is considered as an effective alternative for many conventional medicines. However, still more research needs to be done to determine its effects on other diseases as well.
Products available in the Market:
There are various products available online.
- Turmeric extract/capsules
2. Other beauty related products are also available online like soap, face pack, cream etc.