Milk is considered a super-rich and wholesome nutritional supplement.
It is consumed throughout the world for ages.
Milk is a white liquid that mammals create in mammary glands for feeding their newborns. The babies of the mammals are supposed to consume milk until they are big enough to hunt or eat what their parents eat.
Cow’s milk is the most commonly consumed in western countries. Buffalo, sheep and goat milk are also consumed significantly. In hilly regions and northern regions, yak and reindeer milk is consumed. (1)
Milk coming out from dairy is pasteurized milk and safe to consume after pasteurization. (2)
Nutritional Value of the Milk
Per 100gm serving. (3)
|Total lipid (fat) [g]||0.97|
|Carbohydrate, by difference [g]||4.99|
|Fiber, total dietary [g]||0|
|Sugars, total [g]||5.2|
|Calcium, Ca [mg]||125|
|Iron, Fe [mg]||0.03|
|Magnesium, Mg [mg]||11|
|Phosphorus, P [mg]||95|
|Potassium, K [mg]||150|
|Sodium, Na [mg]||44|
|Zinc, Zn [mg]||0.42|
|Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid [mg]||0|
|Vitamin B-6 [mg]||0.04|
|Folate, DFE [µg]||5|
|Vitamin B-12 [µg]||0.47|
|Vitamin A, RAE [µg]||14|
|Vitamin A, IU [IU]||47|
|Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) [mg]||0.01|
|Vitamin D (D2 + D3) [µg]||0|
|Vitamin D [IU]||1|
|Vitamin K (phylloquinone) [µg]||0.1|
|Fatty acids, total saturated [g]||0.63|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated [g]||0.28|
Incredible Health Benefits of Milk
Due to its high nutritional values. There are several very incredible health benefits of consuming milk.
1. Rich calcium source: Milk is considered as a good source of calcium and calcium is responsible to protect from bone loss, arthritis condition, migraine headache etc.
2. Improve diet and vitamins intake: It is packed with all major vitamins and minerals so it is considered the best wholesome supplement.
3. Reduces acidity: Drinking cold milk may provide immediate relief from acidity.
4. Wholesome food: A glass of milk contains all the major vitamins and minerals that our body needs, hence it is considered as wholesome food.
5. Healthy bones: As it is a good source of calcium, it is good for bones.
6. High source of protein: Milk is considered as a good source quality proteins like casein, whey protein etc.
7. Multipurpose ingredient: Milk is used with different beverages and other food items. It adds nutritional value while consuming with oatmeal or muesli. Cornflakes with milk are very popular at breakfast. In western countries, smoothies are very popular.